House File 600, a bill to legalize and regulate cannabis for adult use in Minnesota, was passed by the Minnesota House of Representatives and is now on its way to the Senate.
• February 17, 2021: House Commerce Finance and Policy Committee
• February 23, 2021: House Labor, Industry, Veterans and Military Affairs Finance and Policy Committee
• March 3, 2021: House Workforce and Business Development Finance and Policy
• March 24, 2021: House Agriculture Finance and Policy Committee
• April 12, 2021: House Environment and Natural Resources Finance and Policy Committee
• April 14, 2021: House Judiciary Finance and Civil Law Committee
• April 17, 2021: House State Government Finance and Elections Committee
• April 22, 2021: House Education Finance Committee
• April 27, 2021: House Public Safety and Criminal Justice Reform Finance and Policy Committee
• May 7, 2021: House Ways and Means Committee
• May 13, 2021: House Floor Debate
WHAT HAPPENED: After 5 hours of debate on the House Floor, House File 600 was passed.
WHAT'S NEXT: HF 600 goes to the Minnesota State Senate.
WHAT WE'RE FACING: An uphill battle with Senator Paul Gazelka (R) stating yesterday it won’t go anywhere. Read more from MPR News here:
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Call/email your senator - find out who represents you here.
Contact the office of Senator Gazelka - contact information here.
WHAT TO SAY: Keep it simple and personal — why do you support cannabis legalization and what does it mean to you?